Thursday, July 5, 2012

Buttermilk Pie

When I bite into a piece of buttermilk pie I think of my grandmothers, sitting around the living room with my extended family and all things Texas. I love buttermilk pie, not only because it's delicious, but because it triggers a ton of memories.

For some reason I thought buttermilk pie was really hard to eat. ... no idea where that came from. Turns out it's as easy as ... pie. Yes, I wrote that. I had to.

Anyway, making buttermilk pie is easy and I think everyone should go to their kitchen and get some eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla find their grandmother's buttermilk pie recipe and cook up some pie! (If you don't have buttermilk in the fridge, put a tablespoon of vinegar in a cup of milk and let it sit for 15 minutes.) You should have all of the ingredients on hand. If you can't find your grandmother's recipe, try Carla Hall's recipe at The Chew.

Matt and I each got a piece and then I took it to work.

Michael said it was great.


No comments:

Post a Comment